Skip to main content

Starfield Review

Starfield Poster

Microsoft

This review is written by Microsoft Bing Chat
Starfield is a sci-fi RPG that will take you on an epic journey across the galaxy. It is the latest masterpiece from Bethesda Game Studios, the creators of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. It is their first new IP in over two decades, and it shows that they still have the magic touch.

In Starfield, you play as a Constellation, an explorer who seeks to discover the mysteries of the cosmos. You can create your own character, pimp your spaceship, and travel to over 100 systems and 1000 planets, each with their own vibe, lifeforms, and culture.

The game runs on the Creation Engine 2, which delivers jaw-dropping visuals and realistic physics. The game world is fully open and seamless, meaning you can go anywhere on a planet and fly your ship in space without any interruptions. The game also features dynamic weather, day-night cycles, and environmental hazards that spice up the gameplay.

The gameplay is a mix of exploration, combat, and choice-based narrative. You can interact with various NPCs, factions, and companions, who will react to your actions and decisions. You can also engage in space battles, mining, crafting, and trading. The game offers both first- and third-person views, as well as deep character creation and skill systems.

The game's story is inspired by classic sci-fi novels and movies, such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, Star Wars, and Blade Runner. It aims to capture the sense of wonder and adventure of exploring the unknown, as well as the moral dilemmas and existential questions that arise from it. The game also has a lot of humor and references to pop culture, such as RoboCop and Friar Tuck.

Starfield is an ambitious and immersive game that will make you feel like a star. It is a must-play for fans of sci-fi and RPGs, as well as anyone who loves Bethesda games. However, it is not without its flaws. The game suffers from bugs and glitches that can ruin the experience, and it lacks multiplayer features that could have added more fun and replay value.

Here are some of my thoughts on what amazed me, what impressed me, what disappointed me, and what's new in the game compared to previous Bethesda titles:

  • What amazed me the most was the scale and variety of the game world. There are over 1000 planets and 100 systems to explore, each with their own biomes, creatures, and cultures. I was amazed by the diversity and beauty of the environments, from lush forests to barren deserts, from icy moons to volcanic worlds.
  • What impressed me the most was the freedom and immersion of the game. I loved being able to land anywhere on a planet and fly my ship in space without any loading screens. I also loved being able to interact with various NPCs, factions, and companions, who reacted to my actions and decisions. I felt like I was truly living in a sci-fi universe.
  • What disappointed me the most was the bugs and glitches of the game. As much as I love Bethesda games, they are notorious for being buggy and glitchy at launch. Starfield is no exception, as I encountered several issues during my playthrough, such as crashes, freezes, clipping, floating objects, missing textures, broken quests, etc.
  • What's new in the game compared to previous Bethesda titles was the space exploration aspect of the game. Starfield is Bethesda's first space-set RPG, and it shows that they have a lot of creativity and ambition in this genre. The game lets you explore over 1000 planets and 100 systems, each with their own biomes, creatures, and cultures. You can also fly your own ship, customize it, engage in space combat, land anywhere on a planet, etc.
  • Another new feature in the game was the scanning and gathering feature of the game. Starfield introduces a new feature that lets you scan and gather resources from planets using a scanner device and a cutter tool. You can use these resources to start research projects, craft items, upgrade your ship, etc.

Despite its drawbacks, Starfield is still one of the best games of 2023. I would give it a 9/10 rating.

Google

Now this next review is written by Google Bard

Starfield

Bethesda Game Studios has done it again. After years of anticipation, Starfield has finally been released, and it is everything that fans of the studio have been hoping for.

Set in the 23rd century, Starfield is an action role-playing game that allows players to create their own character and explore a vast galaxy filled with over 1,000 planets. Players can choose to join different factions, complete quests, and explore the galaxy in their own way.

The game features a number of new gameplay mechanics, including a robust crafting system, ship customization, and base building. Starfield also features a fully voiced protagonist, which is a first for a Bethesda game.

I had the opportunity to play Starfield for over 50 hours, and I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw. The game is incredibly ambitious, and it looks like Bethesda has really put a lot of thought into the game's design.

The world of Starfield is vast and explorable, and there is a lot to see and do. The crafting system is deep and rewarding, and the ship customization is a lot of fun. I also really enjoyed the fully voiced protagonist, as it really helped me to feel more immersed in the game.

The combat in Starfield is a bit of a mixed bag. It can be a bit clunky at times, but it is also satisfying when you get it right. The dialogue can also be a bit stiff at times, but overall, the story is engaging and the characters are well-written.

Overall, I think Starfield is a great game. It is ambitious, well-designed, and a lot of fun to play. I am excited to see what Bethesda does with the game in the future, and I think it has the potential to be one of the best games of the decade.

I would give Starfield a score of 9/10. It is a great game with a lot to offer, and I think it is worth checking out for fans of action role-playing games.

Here are some of the things that I liked about Starfield:

  • The vast and explorable world
  • The deep and rewarding crafting system
  • The ship customization
  • The fully voiced protagonist
  • The ambitious scope of the game

Here are some of the things that I didn't like about Starfield:

  • The combat can be a bit clunky at times
  • The dialogue can be a bit stiff
  • The game can be a bit buggy at times

Overall, I think Starfield is a great game with a lot to offer. I would definitely recommend it to fans of action role-playing games.

Conclusion

So it looks like both Microsoft and Google thinks that Starfield should or will get a 9/10 score, even though the game hasn't been released, yet. Let's see if they are right.

It's hard to say who wrote it better since I did not use the same prompt. I did not get a good result from Bing Chat with the prompt I used, so with Bard I changed to a different prompt. I did specify to Bard to pretend that the game is already released, that's why you see it say that it has played the game. Not that it's lying on its own, but rather I told it to lie.

Comments

cusG_relatedPost_html

Popular posts from this blog

How to Add Next & Previous Post Navigation Buttons to Blogger

How to Manage Labels in Blogger

I'm Not Looking